We are now offering teletherapy services and virtual social skills programs in addition to our on-site services. Each client’s viability will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
We take our clients’ health and wellness very seriously. Therefore we have implemented strict CDC recommended guidelines for therapeutic and healthcare providers.
For our clients where teletherapy is NOT a practical option:
- Our clinicians are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) clothing, gloves, N95 masks, and face shields. Videos will be used by clinicians to supplement mouth movements and modeling of skills due to the mask requirement.
- Employees limit their contact with patients keeping the recommended 6 feet of distance, when possible.
- Employees each have their own designated offices where they see clients and are required to stay.
- Upon entering the building, all clients are required to walk directly to the restroom to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer will be used during all sessions to reduce germs.
- Families who are not directly engaging in therapy sessions must wait outside of the building. The waiting area is closed.